Join us at our quarterly Manufacturing Outlook webinar where we will share the latest manufacturing trends and key findings from the Q2 Make UK/BDO Manufacturing Outlook report.
This insightful webinar for manufacturers will be presented Make UK’s chief economist who will provide an update on the state of UK manufacturing, including:
- Key findings from the Q2 report
- Current UK, regional and global macroeconomic trends
- Opportunities and challenges facing manufacturers.
How can manufacturers enhance cash flow through the new Super-deduction?
Manufacturers continue to face challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the Trade and Cooperation Agreement, resulting in a greater focus on cash flow.
On 3 March 2021, the Chancellor announced “The Biggest tax cut in British History”, a new enhanced capital allowance – the ‘super-deduction’ – to encourage companies’ investment in the UK and boost its recovery from the pandemic.
In this webinar we will also be discussing how to navigate the super-deduction capital allowance, the opportunities it presents to manufacturers investing in plant and machinery and the legal pitfalls to avoid.
We will be joined by Steve Watts, Tax Partner at BDO and Lucy Pringle, Legal Director at Womble Bond Dickinson who will be sharing:
• Overview of the capital allowances changes
• Practical considerations and insight to the new rules
• Procurement tips for purchasing plant and equipment – avoiding unforeseen costs
• Legal pitfalls in cap-ex contracts and differences to BAU purchasing contracts.
The update will be followed by a live Q&A session.